Author Topic: Uninstalling Education for Life from your computer  (Read 261 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Uninstalling Education for Life from your computer
« on: February 24, 2017, 10:06:20 pm »
To uninstall this software it's simple go to your control panel. You will see the software listed there like the attached image. You just need to highlight it then click on the Uninstall/Change button.

You will then get a popup box asking you to choose the type of maintenance you need. There will be two choices,

Choice 1, Restore the application to it's previous state.
Choice 2, Remove the application from this computer.

Make sure you choose option 2 then click the button that says "OK"
Now if you look at the installed software list on your computer you will see "Education for Life" has been removed.

Sometimes when we uninstall software from our computer not every trace of the software gets removed. What I like to do is open a command prompt and type in "regedit" you then get a windows asking Do you want to allow the following program to make a changes to your computer. Click yes The registry will now open.

You will see a list of folders in front of you click on the arrow next to the one that says HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
When the window expands click on the folder that says Software. This will expand showing you a list of all software on your computer.
Now look closely the software we uninstalled earlier "Education for Life" still has a folder. I would delete that folder, so right click on it and left click  delete. I find it a nice feature run some optimisation software at this point. Then reboot the computer and all should be good.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:32:01 pm by admin »